Customer Interaction Challenges in Transport
Most bookings (air, rail, and road) are done through Web and via Web ticketing portals. Customers visit these portals more than the airline carrier’s. Enquiries will however be met by these. But the real concern is how updated are these portals? Do they provide information on cancelled flights? Offers on tariffs? Off-season and on-season flights? New routes? New timings?
Customers on international flights are always worried about their baggage. In case of loss of luggage and other items, is there a dedicated agent to take care of customer queries?
Arrivals & Departures
Customers need to know in advance about their flight – arrival time, departure time, cancellation, alternate arrangements in case of a cancellation, and update on flights.
Frequent customers have to repeat their contact details every time they call. This increases call handling time for these vendors and cost increases.
Apart from in-flight experience, customers expect that other aspects that make a journey, is as good if not better. For example, booking experience, on ground experience, query handling, food choice, loyalty programs, and flight experience among others. In case of stop-over and transit flights, first time flyers need to be given sufficient information for ensuring a smooth and a hassle free flight.
Once the taxi / cab is booked, updates on vehicle number, mobile number of the driver, time and location of pick up need to be provided just before the pickup time.
Customer in Queue
Customers often wait in queue for an agent to attend to him / her. This makes it frustrating for customers and often leads to churn.
Recommended Solution for Contact Center
- PBX / ACD
- Inbound interaction management solutions
- Outbound interaction management solutions
- Predictive & preview dialing modes
- Blending capabilities
How It Helps
- General information – products and services
- Arrivals and departures
- Baggage allowance
- Meal plan request
- Request for special services
- Accommodation availability
- Loyalty points accumulation / redemptions against teleshopping
- Ask for agent assistance
- Ticket reservation services
- Flight schedules and availability
- Lowest fare search
- Details on ‘Frequent Flyer’ program
- Caller specific ‘Frequent Flyer’
- Airline terminal information
- Tele-check in services
- Cargo services – delivery, schedules, fares
- Phone booking / cancellation
- Pick up updates through SMS or an outbound call
- Driver coordinates and vehicle information update through SMS
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys to check customer churn and retain existing customers
- Schedule call back requests to avoid customers to wait in queue